
Am I the only one who feels like this is how life goes sometimes? I wanted to get an Easter picture with Ben (because doing this blog, I have definitely learned there are not enough pictures of us) and the best photographer in the house is a seven-almost-eight-year-old, who despite her best efforts cut our heads off. Never mind that there is a digital screen that shows the taker of the picture exactly what the said photo will look like before the button is even pushed, still our heads were cut off! I am really not upset at Ashlyn, I just think it is how my life sometimes goes, despite my best efforts and all the tools to make it easier, I find myself looking for ways to make it harder(its already been that kind of day, and I am going to go ahead and blog about it instead of facing it!).
Am I the only one who feels like just giving in and eating candy all day (I am not kidding, ALL-DAY!) and sitting at the computer telling myself I will get to the piles of laundry in various stages of cleanliness before the day is over, when I really know I won't. I always seem to feel like things are half done, and I just can't make myself do them perfectly because I am just better at starting projects than finishing them! For instance, I worked a couple of hours trying to figure out a new layout and somehow, I lost it all (yay clean white!). Or better yet, I have all of these "great ideas " to post, instead I am rambling about unperfect pictures and piles of laundry. I think I will stick to what I am good at.
Monday, March 24, 2008
Am I the only one?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
You are certainly not the only one. In fact this morning I was thinking it would be nice to start over with my house. I feel like it is out of control and I don't know when I am ever going to get a handle on it. I swear I was walking from room to room this morning covering my eyes from the messes the disorganization and my inability to decorate. Thanks for your post and thanks for letting me vent.
That is so me too! I don't even know how you get ANYTHING done with 4 kiddos! I was just thinking to myself...maybe I should get off the computer and play with Taryn who's whinning this very second...anyway we're all the same - just so you know I think you always have a handle on everything and your house is always beautifuL! :)
I think everyone is feeling a little like this lately...I sure am! I don't even want to start cleaning my house because it seems so dirty and once I clean it I will have to clean it again in 2 hours. And if it makes you feel better, I can't quit eating the candy too. Pretty soon Cooper is going to wonder where all his Easter candy went????
Oh my goodness Mindy, you read my mind. My house is unrecognizable right now and I'm not sure I consumed anything yesterday that did not come in a shiny wrapper. I have no excuse though, I have 1 kid who sleeps all day. You could have laundry covering your whole house and it would be okay, you have 4 kids, 1 of which is a newborn so use your excuses while you can. By the way I'm pretty sure your messy is my clean and I LOVE that picture of you guys at the top, it reminds me of what pictures looked like before we had digital cameras.
Just eat candy. Its the only and best solution. The laundry will eventually get done and every other unfinished project. Just breathe. Just blog. Just dont worry. You are great Mindy.
I totally know how that feels. SOme days I have to tear myself away from the computer because the kids want dinner. I Seriously have problems.
So it took me FOREVER to figure out how to change my background - but you do it through this website (www.sjhblogdesign.blogspot.com) and it explains everything exactly how to do it...you just have to make the time to sit and figure it out which takes patience and I have none! But I did it so I know you can! Good luck and lets get together soon!
I have no idea what you guys are talking about. We paid for some serious upgrades when we built our house.
Namely, little wizards who do the laundry. Sink elves who scrub yesterday's lasagna off my China. And the very same mice who helped Cinderella mop her floor.
I love living in my fairy tale.
Post a Comment