Ben came home after taking Alex with him to Home Depot and told me about all the funny conversations he had with Alex. He was amazed at the things Alex thinks about and where his imagination takes him.
Alex: "Dad, how much water does a plant need?"
Ben: "Not that much."
Alex: "Can you use tears?"
Ben: "Probably, I'm not really sure"
Alex: "How many tears would it need?"
Alex has been so fun to get to know as he gets older and develops more and more personality. He has been involved in a few sports so far this year, and though Ben really wanted him to love flag football, Alex has treated it like he does most sports; as though its a new playing field for his imagination. He asks lots of questions and on the side lines when he is not playing, he acts like a superhero or a ninja practicing new moves! Right now in wrestling that is very apparent!
Alex: " Dad, when I get older, if I own a grocery store, I would make sure the shopping carts get inside all the time so they aren't cold and they won't blow away. "
I love my son and that he has a dad who thinks he is funny and intellectual and just a great boy!
Alex: " Dad, you know those sand pictures you see in the stores?"
Ben: "Yeah."
Alex: "Why does the sand take so long to move?"
I hope for Alex's sake, that one day he will find the person with all the answers, so his curiosity can be satisfied and he can finally get some real answers in life. But until then..."dad..."!
0 comments:
Post a Comment