My sisters Chelsea, and Cami, and I try to get together once a week usually to do a project for each other. A few weeks ago Chelsea's kids were "off track" since they are in year-round school, and my kids happened to be on Fall Break, so we decided to take the kids to the Thanksgiving Point Farm! Jane is to the far left, then Eden Clark, Rilee Clark, Shailee Clark, Ashlyn, Alex and Lily Humpheries in the front.
So who lets a two-year old wear flip-flops in the fall with a coat? That would be me! Sometimes that's the trade off to get her to wear the coat.
Some of the animals were more intimidating than others. Jane got too close to one of the roosters in a pen and got her finger "bit" by one, so Alex was practicing some caution!
Pony rides were part of the fun. Ashlyn and Alex have had this experience before, but it was new and quite exciting for Jane, she talked about horses for days afterward!
Seriously, those flip-flops are a perfect example of how Jane and I have to compromise everyday just to get her dressed! I never had to deal with this with Ashlyn, but Jane has her own sense of style and is not easily persuaded to change.
Lily and Jane are holding hands and trying to give their moms pictures by the goat. This is why whenever I am pregnant, I try to enlist everyone else to join in! Especially family members. I absolutely love the idea of having cousins the same age; they get to be built-in friends! So now that my sister-in-law Meghan had her baby, and since Cami, Chelsea, and I are all pregnant, I am perfectly happy!
2 comments:
Hooray for outings with sisters! We need to take Jane and Lyza to the zoo or something...they would love it. You are way ahead of me on your blog...I am still a few months behind. Well Done!
Love ya,
Shaundee
Cute pictures and comments. Has to make a father very proud of his daughter and her efforts at "family."
Post a Comment