Friday, September 26, 2008

jane's new stage


Jane is going through a new stage that makes her as much fun as she is emotional! She has been playing with friends almost everyday and for many hours at a time. I have never had a barely 3 year-old so into friends. She can play all day long, but as soon as dinner is over, she is asking to play again. I have to tell her her friends are all asleep and we can play in the morning. As soon as the sun is up she is asking to go to Lyza's, Jaye's, Camryn's, or Livi's. I have made the imaginary rule that none of her friends are up until 10:00 am. That works great until she sees our neighbors Jaye and Connor on the trampoline and she looks at me all happy, "Mom! Jaye is outside!" as if Jaye happened to wake up early that morning and," Can I jump Mom? I won't go in her house!" since it sometimes takes me an hour to call her home after she follows Jaye into her house.
She is just such a people-person, when the kids bring home friends, she acts like they are there solely for her, and gets outraged when a friend of Ashlyn's doesn't like the "tag-along sister" always being there.
I guess I should be happy the reason they play so long is because they don't fight, they actually share and take turns! New stage, new challenges.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

How cute! I love it when the boys have someone to play with. I get so much more done. Unfortunately, they don't have many friends.

Anonymous said...

She's a doll. I can't believe how big she is! She was just born the last time I saw her!
It was soo good to see you today!

Megan said...

Yeah I found your blog! Now we have yet another way to stay in touch...cause you know, I am sure you can't get enough of me as is ;) Your blog is adorable and so are your chillins. I might have to link you on my blog now because my 'Happy Valley' section has been looking pretty sad for quite some time LOL!