Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Family time. There's nothing better!

Does this say it all?
Summer mornings before it gets too hot, the kids will go outside with a drink and a snack and spend time together. Mostly it is on the trampoline, but this morning it was just sitting on the steps enjoying the scenery.
This is honest to goodness a candid shot, I had to creep outside so carefully and quietly so I could capture this shot! Man, I have never known a brother to love his sisters more than Alex. He used to tag along with Ashlyn and play whatever she wanted when they were younger. Now he has more of his own personality and wants to play with boy toys, so he just encourages Jane to play along with him now. She has a real fettish for O Be One Kenobe (I really have no idea how to spell that). They sometimes even battle with light sabors!

It is times like this that I love my children and love summer...

Alex loves Jane! He has had a strong affection for her since the day she was born. He is finally finding his boundries, like not smothering her with kisses or holding her down when she doesn't want to be with him, and she is finding that she really likes the attention he gives her!
No picture is complete without "Baby Amy" the doll Ashlyn recieved for her 2nd birthday from her Nana. "Baby Amy" been affectionately passed down to Jane who always seems to be holding her or a Care Bear.

Girls! Ashlyn and Jane LOVE being with Grandma! They get to have a relationship with their grandma that I know they will always treasure. Every time we have to leave grandma's house the news hits them like any major tragedy... we have crying and whining and sometimes complete meltdowns! Its actually quite funny and heartwarming at the same time. All the kids have a special bond with grandma.
There's just something special about girls and grandma!

Speaking of girls...

There are plenty of girls to go around in my family. My sister Brittany and my mom and I chose to take a photo opp.
We love to be together. For some reason we never seem to take advantage of these special times. I don't want to let more to go by without documenting them. I hope my kids will always know the love I have for my siblings and parents. Ben and I both came from very close families and hope that tradition continues on in our own family.

To close my second blog entry, I had to put this in. This is one of those "perfect shots" you love because you happened to catch it at the right moment!
Alex had just told Brittany that SHALLY was his favorite!
Since Brittany spends many hours coaching the kids that she is the "Queen" and she is the best aunt, she expected to hear her own name as the "Favorite"...SURPRISE BRITTANY! I love family.

5 comments:

mandy said...

Mind, those are such precious pictures! It is so hard to get those truly candid shots--way to go! I love the one of Alex and his aunts, too. Brittany's face is perfect to describe the moment! And you look so beautiful. Seriously, you don't look a day over 21! Love you!

Debbie Savage said...

Hi Mindy,

I loved reading your second entry! It is so much to see pictures of your children. I am especially in love with the "brother and sister" Kodak pics. So sweet!

Debbie Savage said...

Typo-

"It is so much fun to see pictures of your children." Does that make better sense now!?!:) It is from sleep deprivation. :)

Can't wait to read more.

Dave Clark said...

Mindy,

'Ya gotta love technology and those who learn how to use it. This is really great!

Love,

Your Daddy

Anonymous said...

Mindy-
Love your updates! It almost makes me want to blog... but perhaps I will live this one through you for now. I tried to double click on your new family photo to see if I could zoom in - but it's not a zoomer. Maybe you could email the photo to me so I can enjoy your picture perfect family without squinting( I know, I must be getting old!). Anyway, you must email the family when you update your blog! What good is it to go to all this work and not let anyone know about?

Keep it up!