Sunday, April 27, 2008

Ben's running (again)

So Ben has started running a little earlier this year and participated in the Salt Lake City 1/2 marathon. (He's the one in the red visor.) We had many friends and some family running this year too, so I went down to watch with a couple of friends! To get my kids dressed and in the car by 7:00am on a Saturday was somewhat of a struggle, but completely worth it! My sister-in-law Meghan Clark, friends: Steve Bull, Brian Adair, Craig and Ange Christiansen, work friends: Karen, Jared, and Marty were all runners I wanted to see. Unfortunately, we didn't get to see many other runners, we had to get Ben and the kids home after the race. Looking surprisingly good near the finish line, he was sick in the morning, throwing up twice before the race and once around mile 7! (Sorry to those who had to watch that!!!) Still a champion, he finished in good time, making it within his goal. Honestly, who does that?

It was a fun atmosphere to be in and a really pretty morning (before the wind got too bad). Next year, when I am not feeding a baby, or pregnant with one, I'd really like to be part of the running crowd.

3 comments:

Lilet said...

I'm so impressed with Ben and his races, I could never do that! Tell him great job from us! :)

Shaundee said...

Seriously, he is a champ! Congrats to Ben!!

Angeler said...

Next year, we can swap roles. I'll be on the sideline and you can be in the race. I'll probably be hugely pregnant or just birthed (I made that word up) so probably not fit for running.

On a different note, you'd do great in the Freedom Festival 10K on the 4th of July. It's so great. Start training and we'll run together.