The other day while we were in the car, Alex was talking about cars on the road and Ashlyn suddenly asks, "Did I ever tell you I want to be an astronaut when I grow up?" then, "And a model and a movie star."
Quickly Alex chimes in, "I just want to see the stars."
Sometimes, I have to wonder where my kids come up with this stuff. I know that much of the sense of humor and certainly some personality traits come from Ben and I and the environment my kids have grown up in. But a astronaut, model and a movie star? First of all, how do those things even come to be in the same sentence? I remember seeing a picture of Buzz Aldrin, he was certainly no model. Ashlyn does have the dramatics to be an actress, so I guess "movie star" isn't that big of a stretch for an 8 year-old.
(Side note: obviously Ben wasn't home at the time I took these pictures. I don't think rollerblading and remote control trucks really go hand in hand. Hmm, I wonder where my kids get such weird combos in their minds...)
Wednesday, April 30, 2008
Did I ever tell you...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Is that your daughter with the Baby Bjorn on? Awesome! =)
Maybe.
Sometimes she is curious to see how it feels. So I used as my pack mule!
I love the picture of Ashlyn carrying Sidney, that is definitely the way to do it! :)
Post a Comment