Thursday, April 3, 2008

Birthday Celebration!





I know I will get in trouble for posting this (oh well)! For as long as I have known Ben, I have heard about the birthday cakes his mom made for his birthdays. Action figures and candy played a big part in these creations, even coins for a money cake. Honestly, how could I compete? I didn't.

Somehow, while Ben was gone for his birthday, I got the creative cake bug and thought I could make a "favorite things" cake. Our brother-in-law Dallas's birthday is only a few days later, so I put an extra four-wheeler on for him. Still no competition for his mother, but I have had a few requests from Alex already! I'm taking orders....

3 comments:

Lilet said...

I love the cake!! You did an amazing job!

Shannon said...

It's an absolute work of art. My favorite detail is the Campbell's Tomato Soup box, no doubt Ben's favorite. You are amazing. How in the world did you find time to design such an elaborate cake? I can't beleive that his mom's cakes were any better than yours.

Angeler said...

Super cool cake, especially the green grass. What's funny is that when I first started reading the post, I assumed it was Alex's birthday cake. I mean, grown men and party cakes? I guess so. And now I can't wait to concoct something for Craig's birthday this summer.